Additional Locations: Costa Rica-Heredia
Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and has been recognized with the Catalyst Award in 2022, a prestigious recognition of diversity, equity and inclusion excellence. Also, we have a Gender Equality Policy to support our compromise.
Boston Scientific's hybrid workplace includes WFH and onsite. You will have the opportunity to discuss details in the interview.
About the role:
Provide Process/Quality Engineering support to manufacturing or new product development teams, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product or new products to the customer.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Identify Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, customer complaints) by dispositioning non-conforming material, assisting in identification of primary root causes and understanding corrective and preventative actions. May be responsible for working with process owner to bound product stops and document release criteria.
- Understanding of product quality plans, documents and systems by reviewing product specifications, quality specifications, and working with quality systems. May be responsible for learning risk analyses and FMEAs.
- Monitoring Systems by becoming familiar with systems applications and critical process steps; and through familiarization with methods used to reduce process variation.
- Becomes familiar with Product/Process improvement efforts by understanding current quality metric data and learning the various analysis methods used to enhance sustaining product design and new product development
- Learns Quality Tools & Training Materials by gaining knowledge of prevalent tools used and by reviewing & utilizing available training materials.
- Checks and provides support in the execution and investigation of CAPAs, NCEP, Failure Mode Investigations, etc.
- Evaluates new equipment and processes and participates in the transfer of new products.
- Get involve in various stages of equipment and processes validations: Run and / or review and / or approve reports I.Q 's, O.Q' s and P.Q 's as well as any other document relating to validation.
- Read and interpret technical drawings, procedures, and protocols
- Assure that all laboratory equipment is in compliance to perform the analysis activities (calibration, safety, cleanness).
- Document investigation findings in analysis report on GCS2
- Work with Research and Development to efficiently qualify new components; assist suppliers in creating of statistical sampling plans, inspection methodology and quality procedures for new components
- Responsible for reviewing and developing process validation protocols and reports. Support other functional areas during the validation activities
- Provide supervision, leadership, and overall direction to the Quality Release team to ensure they are identifying issues, quarantining defective product, and efficiently moving product through the release process. Clarify priorities and remove roadblocks to maintain a high level of quality in accordance with ISO standards, cGMP's, Corporate and site level SOP's.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor or Licenciature degree in Chemical, Industrial, Electronic, Biotechnology, Electromechanical Engineering or Related Field
- English Level desired: 70-79%.
- Experience: At least 2 years
- Desired knowledge: ASQ certification (CQE, SSGB) desired, Problem Solving, Knowledge of QSR’s, Formal training on statistical and quality techniques desirable, Networking.
- Please submit Resume in English
Requisition ID: 577197
Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination, and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.